Monday, March 2, 2015

Ooey Gooey Melty Melty Cheese

E will eat just about anything if it is covered in "Ooey Gooey Melty Melty Cheese"

Yesterday we decided to have lasagna...practically the definition of ooey gooey melty melty!

Here's what I did.

1 pound ground beef
1 pound ground sausage
Onion, garlic, bell pepper
Salt, Pepper, Italian seasoning
Spaghetti sauce
Basil-fresh
Asiago cheese
1 1/2 c cottage cheese
1 egg
dried parsley
mozzarella cheese
lasagna noodles



I started with the (organic, grass fed) ground beef and ground sausage.
I browned it with onion, garlic and a red pepper. I added salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.

Once that was all browned up, I added the jar of spaghetti sauce, about 1/2 c water and a few leaves of fresh basil chopped up. I let that simmer for a few minutes.

While the meat was simmering, I made the cheese layer. I mixed the cottage cheese with the asiago, egg, parsley and mozzarella. I discovered that my local grocery store makes its own in-house mozzarella and boy is it good! The stuff I bought had just been made, it was a fresh as you can get it!

In a 9x13 pan sprayed with non-stick spray I put about 1 cup of the sauce. Then I layered (un-cooked) lasagna noodles, sauce and cheese 2 times. On the top of the cheese layer, I added a few more leaves of chopped up basil. I ended with piles of the fresh mozzarella cheese

I covered it with foil and baked in a 350 degree oven. After 45 minutes, I pulled the foil off and cooked for 15 minutes more. I let it sit for about 10 minutes before diving into it.

Would you look at that ooey gooey goodness! 

No comments:

Post a Comment