Sunday, March 15, 2015

Turkey Black Bean Chili

When I think of spring weather, I don't typically think about making chili. I do, however, think about a quick, healthy meal that gets me outside and playing sooner.

Last night, I sent S & E out to play and got this going quickly so I could join them while it simmered.

Here's what I used:

1 pound ground turkey
Onion
Garlic
1 can rinsed and drained black beans
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
Corn
2T flour
salt
Chili Powder
Water.

Here's what I did:
Brown the turkey, onion and garlic, drain (the worst part IMO)
Add the tomatoes, sauce, beans and corn.
Mix the flour, salt, chili powder and water to make a paste, add it to the meat and simmer.



I served mine with a plop of plain Greek yogurt and some shredded cheese.

Coming up soon, Corned Beef and Cabbage...just in time for St. Patty's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment