Sunday, November 16, 2014

My 1st Recipe Post!

Butternut Squash Ravioli with Sage Cream Sauce....it's what was for dinner!

Last night, S and I had tickets to Mary Poppins at the Civic....what a great show! We needed something fairly quick and easy so I pulled out some frozen ravioli and whipped up a homemade sauce to toss them in. We paired it with a simple salad and dinner was ready in 30 minutes!



I have made homemade ravioli in the past, but these ones from Costco were just as good and so much quicker. 

Ravioli 




Here is my recipe..
2T unsalted butter
1/3 C chopped onion
1 1/2 T chopped fresh sage
3/4 C dry white wine...I drank the left over...it was good!
2/3 C heavy whipping cream
Freshly ground S & P to taste
Asiago or Parmesan cheese for sprinkling. I like to buy my cheese in a block and shred as needed.

Get that ravioli cooking according to package directions



Melt the butter over medium heat, add the onion and sage and saute about 30 seconds
Smells so good!



 Add wine and cream. Increase heat and boil, uncovered, until sauce is reduced and thickened, about 5 minutes.

 After ravioli the ravioli was cooked, I drained it, tossed it with EVOO and then tossed it in the sauce, garnished with my cheese and dinner was ready!





Since it's cold and snowy here today, I plan to spend some good quality time in my kitchen and I can't wait to show you what I've come up with! Stay tuned...and stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment