Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Sawi with asparagus

Happy New Year!

I hope you are all having a great start to your 2015!

We spent the Holiday traveling and while it is great to be gone, it's great to be home too! We ate some delicious food but I couldn't wait to be back in my own kitchen!

Tonight, I decided to merge a few recipes together and come up with my own concoction. The trouble with this kind of cooking is that I do not have exact measurements of anything. I learned a lot about cooking from my mom and often during my childhood I heard the phrase "I hope you don't like this too much, it can never be made again"

Since I started writing about my cooking, I have tried to be a bit more precise with my measurements.

I hope you enjoy!

Swai is a mild whitefish with a flaky texture. I am sure you could sub out salmon or tilapia to suit your tastes.

I lined a pan with foil and tossed asparagus in olive oil, salt and pepper. Then I put the fish filets on top of it. (please ignore the sink full of dirty dishes!)
I mixed about 2-3 Tablespoons of plain Greek yogurt with a squirt of lemon juice, freshly shredded Asiago cheese, Parmesan cheese, 2 small cloves of crushed garlic and a sprinkling of dried dill. I coated the fish and placed another piece of foil to create a packet.
I cooked it for 25 minutes in a 375 degree oven. After 25 minutes, I removed the top foil and broiled it for about 5 minutes. I was hoping for a nice pretty browning but it didn't happen for me. Either way it was very good! E gobbled it right up and asked for more "chicken"

Right before Christmas, E and I baked cookies for Santa.
Here are some photos from our day in the kitchen












No comments:

Post a Comment