Wednesday, December 17, 2014

White Chicken Chili

It sure is feeling like December around here!  Cold weather calls for warm, delicious comfort food.

Last week I decided that White Chicken Chili sounded good and I had all the stuff to throw in the crock pot!


I started with 2 frozen chicken breasts...cause, who has time to thaw??
I added 1 can of black beans and 1 can of garbanzo beans-both drained
Added some frozen corn, about 1/2 jar of salsa, some onion, and about 1 c chicken broth
I threw in a few shakes of cumin and chili powder
I wanted dry ranch dressing, but I was all out so I added some Penzey's FoxPoint, a great substitution!
I mixed all that up and added an 8oz brick of cream cheese on top
I let it cook low and slow all day long.
When we got home we shredded the chicken, stirred it up and served it!

As always, Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment